Do you run or are planning to run your own business? Would you like to take your career to the next level?
Accounting is a vital part of any organisation regardless of whether it is a small business, a-not-for-profit organisation or club.
There is a need in the job market for roles from Accounts Administration to Finance Managers. The Certificate of Business Accounting will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of business accounting.
This course is ideal for:
- Individuals who desire an accounts position
- Individuals who are currently in an accounts role and would like to gain a qualification via part time distance learning
- Small business owners who require accountancy skills and knowledge
Note: This new course replaces our "Commercial Bookkeeping Course".
- The accounting equation
- Calculation of profit or loss
- Recording the details of income and expenditure of a small business
- Using the general ledger
- Using the general journal
- Preparing financial statements
- Purchase and sale of goods
- Banking procedures
- Procedures for dealing with cash
- Accounting for payroll
- Obligations of a business related to taxation
- Working with Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Accounting for clubs, societies and non-trading enterprises
|Assessments:||15 lessons / 15 assignments|
This course must be completed within 12 months.
Stotts is registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments. This course has no National Qualifications Framework accreditation and no credits will be reported to NZQA upon completion.
"I found the tutor great, he gave really constructive feedback and explained things when I wasn't quite there with the answer. I recently attended a 1 day course in Project Management to get a different perspective and ensure everything I had learnt was on track. It turned out I knew a lot more than the other students even though most of them have been working on projects for years and I have just begun. I've started looking for jobs in project management as a result." Kalena. Takanini
"I have recommended the Stott’s Project Management course to two colleagues, one has since completed the course, the other has recently enrolled." D.C. Huntly
"I loved the course and I am really sorry that you don't have advanced project management. Tutor, Dr Young was excellent giving me constructive feedback and accepting my views and opinions. Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed doing the course." N.D. Auckland
"Well worth it. Thank you Stotts for giving me this opportunity" R.L. Auckland