Do you run or are planning to run your own business? Would you like to take your career to the next level?
Accounting is a vital part of any organisation regardless of whether it is a small business, a-not-for-profit organisation or club.
There is a need in the job market for roles from Accounts Administration to Finance Managers. The Certificate of Business Accounting will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of business accounting.
This course is ideal for:
- Individuals who desire an accounts position
- Individuals who are currently in an accounts role and would like to gain a qualification via part time distance learning
- Small business owners who require accountancy skills and knowledge
Note: This new course replaces our "Commercial Bookkeeping Course".
- The accounting equation
- Calculation of profit or loss
- Recording the details of income and expenditure of a small business
- Using the general ledger
- Using the general journal
- Preparing financial statements
- Purchase and sale of goods
- Banking procedures
- Procedures for dealing with cash
- Accounting for payroll
- Obligations of a business related to taxation
- Working with Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Accounting for clubs, societies and non-trading enterprises
|Assessments:||15 lessons / 15 assignments|
This course must be completed within 12 months.
Stotts is registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments. This course has no National Qualifications Framework accreditation and no credits will be reported to NZQA upon completion.
"I felt this course covered all aspects of Interior Decorating extremely well." V.R. Hawera
"This course really helped me to get back into the workforce after being an at home Mum for 7 years. Thank you so much." A.G. Feilding
"The course of Interior Decorating was great, as it gave me confidence, also a chance to get back into the workforce, and now I have moved on into my own business. Thanks Stott’s for giving me a new lease on life." H.M. Hastings
"I thoroughly enjoyed this course and found the Tutor(s) to be very helpful. I took the course for personal interest, and have used my knowledge to refurbish my home and arrange the interior decorating for our purpose-built business premises." T.M. Christchurch
"I am your biggest fan - this was a wonderful learning experience for me. I loved everything about the course and I am constantly recommending it to others." L.G. Paeroa
"I have learnt a heck of a lot and this adds another trade or job to my belt, more than pleased with my results and the personal growth in myself." K.B. Wanganui