Do you run or are planning to run your own business? Would you like to take your career to the next level?
Accounting is a vital part of any organisation regardless of whether it is a small business, a-not-for-profit organisation or club.
There is a need in the job market for roles from Accounts Administration to Finance Managers. The Certificate of Business Accounting will give you a sound knowledge of the theory and practice of business accounting.
This course is ideal for:
- Individuals who desire an accounts position
- Individuals who are currently in an accounts role and would like to gain a qualification via part time distance learning
- Small business owners who require accountancy skills and knowledge
Note: This new course replaces our "Commercial Bookkeeping Course".
- The accounting equation
- Calculation of profit or loss
- Recording the details of income and expenditure of a small business
- Using the general ledger
- Using the general journal
- Preparing financial statements
- Purchase and sale of goods
- Banking procedures
- Procedures for dealing with cash
- Accounting for payroll
- Obligations of a business related to taxation
- Working with Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Goods and Services Tax (GST) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- Accounting for clubs, societies and non-trading enterprises
|Assessments:||15 lessons / 15 assignments|
This course must be completed within 12 months.
Stotts is registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments. This course has no National Qualifications Framework accreditation and no credits will be reported to NZQA upon completion.
"Every bit of praise to my tutor for her commitment, patience and feedback" S.R. Palmerston North
"Great communication with my tutor. Thank you for your patience in my work" D.M. Hastings
"I have found doing a Stott's course an awesome thing to do for a stay at home mum that otherwise would be doing nothing. Thank Stott's and my tutors very much for providing me with the next stepping stone for a brighter future for my sons and myself." S. M. Tauranga
"An incredibly valuable and informative course. Not only helped me understand myself more clearly but more able to understand what makes others tick making me more tolerant and patient. A fantastic learning curve. Thoroughly enjoyed it!" D.B Christchurch