All organisations need to create positive public awareness, promote new products or services and manage the occasional crisis. As a result, PR training is a highly valued skill amongst staff. On this course you will become an asset to employers, skilled in effective communication and in getting your message out to your target audience.
This practical course with a focus on the application of PR techniques, is ideal for anyone with PR responsibilities from small business or community organisations to major corporations.
1. Introduction and Definitions ‐ 'Publics'and People
2. Methods of Communication ‐ Language in Communication
3. How to Approach PR ‐ Institutional Versus Consultant – Techniques
4. Media Relations and Dealing with the Media – Advertising
5. Issuing Material to the Media – Media Release - News Conferences
6. Corporate Public Relations
7. Issues and Crisis Management ‐ Strategies – Mediation – Privacy Issues
8. Lobbying Government – Writing Submissions
9. Community Public Relations – Getting to know your Community
10. Uses of Different Media
11. Speaking Programmes ‐ Speech Notes – Guidelines for a Good Speech
|Assessments:||11 lessons / 11 assignments|
|Duration:||This course must be completed within 12 months.
|Stotts is registered as a private training establishment by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under the provisions of the Education Act 1989 and its subsequent amendments. This course has no National Qualifications Framework accreditation and no credits will be reported to NZQA upon completion.|
"I found the tutor great, he gave really constructive feedback and explained things when I wasn't quite there with the answer. I recently attended a 1 day course in Project Management to get a different perspective and ensure everything I had learnt was on track. It turned out I knew a lot more than the other students even though most of them have been working on projects for years and I have just begun. I've started looking for jobs in project management as a result." Kalena. Takanini
"I have recommended the Stott’s Project Management course to two colleagues, one has since completed the course, the other has recently enrolled." D.C. Huntly
"I loved the course and I am really sorry that you don't have advanced project management. Tutor, Dr Young was excellent giving me constructive feedback and accepting my views and opinions. Thank you so much, I have really enjoyed doing the course." N.D. Auckland
"Well worth it. Thank you Stotts for giving me this opportunity" R.L. Auckland